We perform diagnostics and surgeries
in our office, and through a partnering
hospital and a surgical center.
Are you tired of Irregular Periods, Long Periods, or Heavy Bleeding?
What is an irregular period?
- Skipping a monthly menstruation
- Having bleeding more often than once a month (or every 28-32 days)
What is menorrhagia?
Menorrhagia is a long period which lasts longer than two weeks.
What causes abnormal vaginal bleeding?
- Fluctuating levels of estrogen and progesterone
- Persistent estrogen stimulation of the endometrium (lining of the uterus)
- Endometrial polyps
- Abnormal function of thyroid hormone
- Abnormal glucose metabolism
- Skipping ovulation
- Influence of medication
Changing levels of hormones during perimenopausal years are commonly treated with:
- Oral contraceptive pills
- Small dosages of estrogens and progesterones
- Endometrial ablation